Police renew appeal after raid
POLICE are today renewing their appeal for information about a robbery at Hacheston Post Office.The robbery, in The Street, happened at around 1.30pm last Friday when a man entered the premises and pointed a carrier bag, which appeared to have something in it, at the man working behind the counter.
POLICE are today renewing their appeal for information about a robbery at Hacheston Post Office.
The robbery, in The Street, happened at around 1.30pm last Friday when a man entered the premises and pointed a carrier bag, which appeared to have something in it, at the man working behind the counter.
He then told him to put money into the bag and fled with an undisclosed amount of cash. As he left, he appeared to meet a second man outside.
Seconds later, a dark coloured BMW car, now believed to be an older-style five series model, was seen leaving the area. No one was hurt in the incident.
Acting Detective Sergeant Chris Hutson asked local people if they remember seeing anything unusual.
He said: "Did you see someone acting strangely near the shop and post office last week. Or did you notice something that was different – perhaps a car or a person?
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 9 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 10 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
"We would ask anyone who thinks they may have some information to get in touch. You may think it's not of any significance, but you could have details which may help this enquiry."
The offender who went into the post office is described as white, with "weathered" skin, about 5ft 6ins tall and of proportionate build. He was wearing a dark woolen hat with an orangy-red stripe around it, gloves, a red and white scarf, a black bomber jacket and dark trousers, possibly denim jeans.
Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to call Leiston CID on 01986 835300.