Police renew appeal after raid
POLICE are today renewing their appeal for information about a robbery at Hacheston Post Office.The robbery, in The Street, happened at around 1.30pm last Friday when a man entered the premises and pointed a carrier bag, which appeared to have something in it, at the man working behind the counter.
POLICE are today renewing their appeal for information about a robbery at Hacheston Post Office.
The robbery, in The Street, happened at around 1.30pm last Friday when a man entered the premises and pointed a carrier bag, which appeared to have something in it, at the man working behind the counter.
He then told him to put money into the bag and fled with an undisclosed amount of cash. As he left, he appeared to meet a second man outside.
Seconds later, a dark coloured BMW car, now believed to be an older-style five series model, was seen leaving the area. No one was hurt in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Acting Detective Sergeant Chris Hutson asked local people if they remember seeing anything unusual.
He said: "Did you see someone acting strangely near the shop and post office last week. Or did you notice something that was different – perhaps a car or a person?
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 7 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 8 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 9 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 10 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
"We would ask anyone who thinks they may have some information to get in touch. You may think it's not of any significance, but you could have details which may help this enquiry."
The offender who went into the post office is described as white, with "weathered" skin, about 5ft 6ins tall and of proportionate build. He was wearing a dark woolen hat with an orangy-red stripe around it, gloves, a red and white scarf, a black bomber jacket and dark trousers, possibly denim jeans.
Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to call Leiston CID on 01986 835300.