Police renew witness appeal over rape
POLICE have today renewed an appeal for help with an investigation into a rape in Ipswich. Suffolk police launched an inquiry after a 21-year-old woman reported to officers that she had been raped in Bramford Lane.
POLICE have today renewed an appeal for help with an investigation into a rape in Ipswich.
Suffolk police launched an inquiry after a 21-year-old woman reported to officers that she had been raped in Bramford Lane.
The attack was said to have taken place at 10.15pm on April 28 when the woman was walking along an alleyway next to the railway bridge by the junction with Cromer Road.
She reported the incident to police on May 2, saying she was attacked from behind but was unable to give a clear picture of her attacker.
You may also want to watch:
A team of officers is following up numerous inquiries as the investigation continues.
Police are in the process of reviewing CCTV footage taken at the time of the alleged attack and have conducted interviews with witnesses.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 4 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 5 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 7 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 8 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 9 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
Officers are still eager to hear from anyone who may have seen or heard anything in the area or can help their investigation in any way.
Anyone who was in the area at the time of the attack should call Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 and information can also be given in confidence on the Crimestoppers number of 0800 555111.