Police review underway in Pinewood after concerns raised about levels of crime
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Pinewood Parish Council will meet with Suffolk’s crime chiefs next month after concerns were raised over policing in the area.
Police and Crime Commissioner Tim Passmore, Chief Constable of Suffolk Constabulary Gareth Wilson and South Suffolk MP James Cartlidge will attend the parish’s meeting on November 9.
Councillors wrote a letter to Mr Passmore in August stating that they were not happy with the amount of crime that was happening in Pinewood each month and the apparent reduction in the number of patrolling police officers.
At the council’s monthly meeting on Monday, parish clerk Sandra Peartree read out a report from the Babergh East Safer Neighbourhood Team, which stated that 15 offences ranging from theft, assault and harassment were committed in Pinewood in September, and a further 25 took place in August.
Chairman of the parish council, Robert Manning, said: “We keep getting told that it’s all cyber crime happening now which needs to be dealt with from computers but we know and all of the people in this room know it’s happening on the street.”
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary previously said a review of local policing was underway and reducing vehicle crime had been made a priority for the Babergh East Safer Neighbourhood Team following a rise in thefts from vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “Where possible, we want our officers to be out in local communities and have to ensure that we are prioritising their work and making the best use of their time.”
- 1 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 2 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
- 3 Anger as 'three to four large skips' of fly-tipped rubbish blocks road
- 4 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 5 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 6 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 County lines drug dealer selling cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training