Police search for catapult teenagers
TWO catapult wielding teenagers are being sought in Ipswich today after a series of incidents which left three people hurt and a window damaged. Last week police launched an appeal for information after two boys were seen firing an object from a luminous yellow bungee cord in Turin Street.
TWO catapult wielding teenagers are being sought in Ipswich today after a series of incidents which left three people hurt and a window damaged.
Last week police launched an appeal for information after two boys were seen firing an object from a luminous yellow bungee cord in Turin Street.
This prompted others to come forward to say they had been hit by objects which could have been fired from a catapult or BB gun.
Police do not know if the same culprits are responsible as the victims of the assaults did not see who fired the objects.
You may also want to watch:
The first victim who was 24, was struck while she waited for a bus in Vernon Street between 3.30pm and 4.30pm on June 13, causing a cut and swollen lip.
Two boys were then assaulted at about 4.50pm, again at a bus stop in the same street and suffered slight injuries.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
A spokeswoman for Ipswich police today said it was unclear what had been fired at the victims or whether the culprits had been hiding anywhere when they fired the shots.
A separate incident happened on Wednesday, June 14 in Turin Street when two teenagers damaged a window.
The boys were seen running around the street at about 7.10pm and firing objects from catapults with yellow bungee cords.
The teenagers were white, 13-16 years-old and had shaved heads and one was carrying a rucksack.
One of the boys was wearing a white tracksuit and the other was wearing a dark blue track suit.
When challenged they both ran off into Kenyon Street.
Anyone with information about the assaults should call Pc Chris Tyler at Ipswich police on 01473 613500.
Anyone who knows anything about the criminal damage incident should call Pc Scott Cullum on the same number.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Did you see any of these incidents or have you been attacked? Call The Evening Star newsdesk on 01473 324788 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.