Police search for man missing from low secure hospital in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A 34-year-old man has failed to return to a low secure hospital in Ipswich.
John Gladstone was on ‘town leave’ from the hospital in Foxhall Road since 7.30am this morning, but failed to return by 3.30pm in line with the conditions of his leave.
Gladstone is currently subject to a detention under Sections 47/49 of the Mental Health Act and is on a life licence following conviction for the offences of robbery and possession of a firearm.
He is of mixed race, 5ft 10in tall, of heavy build, and with short black hair.
He was wearing black Karimoor trousers, a grey hooded top and he speaks with a London accent.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has seen him or knows or his whereabouts should call police on 101.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
- 10 Decision expected on demolition of former Ipswich snooker hall