Police search for threatening gang
POLICE are appealing for information after a group of men threatened staff at a restaurant in Lowestoft.An 18-year-old female member of staff at Harvester, formerly known as the Brewers Fayre, in Leisure Way, heard noises coming from a room inside the premises at about 12.30am.
POLICE are appealing for information after a group of men threatened staff at a restaurant in Lowestoft.
An 18-year-old female member of staff at Harvester, formerly known as the Brewers Fayre, in Leisure Way, heard noises coming from a room inside the premises at about 12.30am and went to investigate. She discovered a group of six or seven men, one of whom threatened her and stole her mobile phone.
Some of the group then ran out of the room and came across another member of staff - a 25-year-old woman. One of the men threatened her but she pushed him away. They then left the premises and ran off into a wooded area nearby.
The other men still in the restaurant then attempted to grab the 18-year-old woman but she struggled with them and they eventually gave up and left the premises in the same direction. Neither of the women were hurt.
The group was made up of one white man and several black men. The white man is described as being in his 20s, 5ft 8ins to 5ft 10ins, stocky build and was wearing a black beanie-style hat, dark hooded top and dark trousers, with white material partially over his face. The black males were similarly dressed with black or green material partially over their faces.
Police have cordoned off the area while investigations get underway at the scene.
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Road closure 'chaos' for residents during fibre works
- 3 Man who sexually assaulted toddler in the street could be jailed
- 4 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 5 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 6 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 7 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 8 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 9 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
- 10 Ipswich entrepreneur to appear on ITV show
Detectives would like to hear from anyone who may have been in the area last night or early this morning who may have seen the culprits.
If you can help police with enquiries, call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.