Police swoop after weapon spotted
A MAN is recovering today after a man allegedly brandished a gun in an Ipswich street and struck him over the head.The victim had gone out into the street in Dandalan Close, off Bramford Road, about 4.
A MAN is recovering today after a man allegedly brandished a gun in an Ipswich street and struck him over the head.
The victim had gone out into the street in Dandalan Close, off Bramford Road, about 4.30pm on Wednesday after his girlfriend became worried about someone looking at her car.
She called her boyfriend who challenged the man.
A fight then broke out and three other people are thought to have come out of a house, one brandishing what appeared to be a gun.
You may also want to watch:
The weapon is thought to have been pointed at the victim who was then allegedly struck on the head, suffering a cut above his left eyebrow.
A group of men then left the area in a car.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
Armed police were called to the scene after a passing ambulance crew saw the incident unfold.
Police dog teams and the force helicopter were also sent to the area and firearms officers later swooped on a car in Bramford Road.
Four men were later helping police with their enquiries.