Police swoop seizes drugs and cash
DRUGS and a large amount of cash have been seized in meticulously-planned raids on houses in the Felixstowe area, police revealed today.Three people were arrested in the swoops, which were carried out over two days, and cannabis with a potential street value of £500 was recovered.
DRUGS and a large amount of cash have been seized in meticulously-planned raids on houses in the Felixstowe area, police revealed today.
Three people were arrested in the swoops, which were carried out over two days, and cannabis with a potential street value of £500 was recovered.
Officers with warrants and sniffer dogs raided a number of addresses in the town on January 31 and February 5 as part of Operation Crackdown – Suffolk police's ongoing campaign against those suspected of drug offences.
Details of the addresses and the occupants are not being revealed at this stage.
A police spokeswoman said a 39-year-old Felixstowe man was arrested on suspicion with intent to supply cannabis. He has been released on police bail until April 3 while further inquiries are carried out.
A 31-year-old man has been charged with possession of cannabis, while a third man aged 37 was cautioned for a similar offence.
- 1 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 2 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 3 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 4 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 5 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 8 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 9 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
- 10 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
The raids are the latest in a series of operations by Felixstowe police in recent months following an intelligence-gathering exercise.
Raids in the autumn saw the arrest of six people, five of them in connection with class A drugs heroin and cocaine, plus cannabis.
Officers are delighted at the successes and detectives say it sends a clear message to those involved in crime: "You never know when it could be you."
They are committed to dealing with those suspected of producing and supplying drugs and will continue to actively target those suspected of being involved.
n Anyone with information about drug dealing in their area can call the Suffolk police Crackdown hotline on freephone 0800 253 253. If the information is specifically about drugs in Felixstowe people can call Felixstowe police on 01473 383311.