Police swoop seizes drugs and cash
DRUGS and a large amount of cash have been seized in meticulously-planned raids on houses in the Felixstowe area, police revealed today.Three people were arrested in the swoops, which were carried out over two days, and cannabis with a potential street value of £500 was recovered.
DRUGS and a large amount of cash have been seized in meticulously-planned raids on houses in the Felixstowe area, police revealed today.
Three people were arrested in the swoops, which were carried out over two days, and cannabis with a potential street value of £500 was recovered.
Officers with warrants and sniffer dogs raided a number of addresses in the town on January 31 and February 5 as part of Operation Crackdown – Suffolk police's ongoing campaign against those suspected of drug offences.
Details of the addresses and the occupants are not being revealed at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said a 39-year-old Felixstowe man was arrested on suspicion with intent to supply cannabis. He has been released on police bail until April 3 while further inquiries are carried out.
A 31-year-old man has been charged with possession of cannabis, while a third man aged 37 was cautioned for a similar offence.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 4 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 5 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 6 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Walking back to happiness - 18 great trails to follow and a festival
The raids are the latest in a series of operations by Felixstowe police in recent months following an intelligence-gathering exercise.
Raids in the autumn saw the arrest of six people, five of them in connection with class A drugs heroin and cocaine, plus cannabis.
Officers are delighted at the successes and detectives say it sends a clear message to those involved in crime: "You never know when it could be you."
They are committed to dealing with those suspected of producing and supplying drugs and will continue to actively target those suspected of being involved.
n Anyone with information about drug dealing in their area can call the Suffolk police Crackdown hotline on freephone 0800 253 253. If the information is specifically about drugs in Felixstowe people can call Felixstowe police on 01473 383311.