Police release update on condition of Ipswich victim who was stabbed in the face
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services rushed to the scene last night when a man was attacked by two masked men.
The male victim is in his 40s and had his mobile phone and wallet stolen in the incident.
Suffolk police and East of England Ambulance Service were dispatched to the scene immediately after receiving a report shortly after 7pm.
The attack happened on the tow path along the River Orwell which runs past the skate park adjacent to Bridge Street.
The site was sealed off whilst officers investigated and it is being treated as a targeted attack at this time.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police have confirmed that the victim was discharged from hospital last night and his injuries were not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing.
There are two suspects for the attack who are described as black males over six feet tall and estimated between 18-24 years of age.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
They were wearing dark, tight fitting clothes and balaclava and fled the scene in the direction of Stoke Bridge following the attack.
Officers are appealing for witnesses and anyone with any information about this incident is asked to contact the Ipswich CID quoting reference number CAD 323 of November 19 on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.