Police wait at cell of Londoner suspected of having drugs inside him
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A Londoner has been kept in police custody due to suspicions he may have drugs concealed in his body.
Conrad Atere-Roberts, 24, of Sketchley Gardens, Lewisham, was charged with being concerned in the supply of heroin and obstructing a police search powers.
Kevin Christian-Zekarius, 24, of Penrose Street, Southwark, faced the charges and cannabis possession.
They appeared in court on Wednesday with a third man – Mitchell Brewer, 18, of Norwich Road, Ipswich, who was charged with supply of heroin and possession of an offensive weapon.
His arrest, on Monday, came after police witnessed a suspected drugs exchange in the area of Orchard Street, Ipswich. He pleaded guilty and was bailed to be sentenced at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
Officers also searched a flat in St Helen’s Street and arrested the Londoners – both kept in custody under the Criminal Justice Act.
Christian-Zekarius was released from police custody yesterday and appeared before magistrates again, where he was remanded to appear before Ipswich Crown Court on Thursday, May 25.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 10 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
Atere-Roberts remains in police custody.