Police warn of conmen in county
SUFFOLK police are investigating a string of distraction burglaries around the county.Felixstowe police have issued an E-fit of a man they want to speak to in connection with a distraction burglary at the resort.
SUFFOLK police are investigating a string of distraction burglaries around the county.
Felixstowe police have issued an E-fit of a man they want to speak to in connection with a distraction burglary at the resort.
Two men called at a 91-year-old woman's house in Langer Road on May 19 at around 11.35am claiming they were from the waterboard.
After entering the house they took £80 in cash.
You may also want to watch:
The man in the E-fit is described as white, aged 28 to 35, less than 5ft 8ins tall, of thin build with light brown hair and sharp features. He is thought to have a marked accent and was wearing a maroon long-sleeve top.
The other man is also white, of a similar age, 5ft 8ins tall, of broad build with short dark hair. He was wearing a blue jacket and blue trousers.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 4 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 5 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 6 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 8 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 9 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
Detectives are asking anyone who recognises the picture or who may have seen this man or who may have any information about him to get in touch.
A police spokesman said: "We are reminding residents not to let in doorstep callers without checking their identification first."
Two distraction burglars also struck in Ipswich earlier this week, although a spokeswoman from Suffolk police said they are not linking them with the Felixstowe incident at the moment.
Elderly residents in Stoke Street and Westholme Road were targeted by the two-man team.
The burglaries were carried out within hours of each other on Tuesday afternoon, but it was not clear how much was taken.
On both occasions the men claimed to be from the water board.
Descriptions given by both victims mentioned a distinctive accent, possibly Scottish. Police confirmed the Ipswich burglaries were being linked.
One man was described as 5ft 6in, of slim build, about 20-years-old and with short dark hair.
The other, aged 20 to 30, was said to have a larger build and collar-length, brown hair.
Anyone with any information about the burglaries should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.