Police western area commander leaving
WESTERN area commander for Suffolk Police, chief superintendent Mark Cordell, is leaving his post.He will be taking on a new role at the end of this month as head of the constabulary's policing and professional standards department.
WESTERN area commander for Suffolk Police, chief superintendent Mark Cordell, is leaving his post.
He will be taking on a new role at the end of this month as head of the constabulary's policing and professional standards department.
This new role will be based at the force's headquarters at Martlesham, overseeing the performance of the constabulary and the quality of service it provides.
Ch supt Paul Marshall, previously western area crime manager and currently head of corporate development, will take over as western area commander on Monday, October 1.
You may also want to watch:
Ch Supt Cordell said: “The role of western area commander is the job I have aspired to throughout my career, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in the position.
“My new role focuses on identifying ways Suffolk Constabulary can further improve the quality of the services we provide to our communities.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 5 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 9 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
“This has been a continuing theme throughout my time in the western area, so I hope I can continue to contribute to improving our performance in my new position.”