Poll: Church group worship over coffee at Costa
A NEW church group has been set up in the town with meetings taking place over a cup of coffee or two.
The Ipswich Vineyard Church has been meeting in Costa Coffee in Queen Street, Ipswich, for a number of weeks, with church pastors Paul and Penny Finn hoping to offer the town a place to worship without barriers.
Gatherings take place on Wednesday evenings, starting off with a free cup of coffee at 7pm.
Mr Finn said: “We recognise our culture is changing. In the past people would be happy come to church in a church building.
“We now find many are intimidated by church buildings and would prefer a familiar surrounding like a caf� or pub.
“Ipswich Vineyard Church hopes to allow people of all walks of life to join together in a welcoming environment to discover all that Jesus has for them and to bless the town of Ipswich by reaching out into the community.”
The church will be meeting during the week for ‘visions and values’ evenings.
- 1 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 2 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 5 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 8 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 9 Burglar caught by family in 'bear hug' jailed for four years
- 10 Overturned vehicle partially blocking road near Ipswich
For further information visit www.ipswichvineyardchurch.org.uk