Poll reveals depth of anti-war feeling
YOUR Evening Star asked 1,000 people in three towns – Ipswich, Felixstowe and Woodbridge – "Would you back a US-led war with Iraq or not?"Those against a war numbered 535 – 59 per cent of those who expressed an opinion.
YOUR Evening Star asked 1,000 people in three towns – Ipswich, Felixstowe and Woodbridge – "Would you back a US-led war with Iraq or not?"
Those against a war numbered 535 – 59 per cent of those who expressed an opinion. Only 373 – 41pc of those who had opinion – said yes.
The ranks of the undecided came to 92.
The survey results for Woodbridge – close to the former airbases at RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge – are worth noting as no one was undecided and the general consensus was strongly behind military action.
You may also want to watch:
More than 60pc –107 out of 150 asked – thought Britain SHOULD join America in attacking Iraq; 43 were against war.
ARE YOU READY FOR THE DASH TO WAR? See tonight's Evening Star for full analysis…
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Dog mess thrown at Ipswich bakery staff in 'nasty' attack
- 3 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 7 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 8 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 9 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 10 Is Babergh Council the 'neighbour from hell' in planning?