Poll: Town fans offered free pint before the match
FOOTBALL fans gearing up for the next Town match this weekend are being offered a free pint before the game.
Ipswich Town Football club is launching Town Time at Saturday’s game against Sheffield Wednesday, giving the fans the chance to buy one pint and get one free.
Supporters who purchase a lager, bitter or cider in the concourse bars and Legends up to 30 minutes before kick-off will be given a voucher to purchase another pint any time before kick-off, or at full-time in the Legends bar only.
Legends will be open for one hour after the final whistle, with entry via gate 17.
Supporters can’t use their vouchers at half-time and the offer does not apply to hospitality areas.
Town Time will kick off at the Blues’ home game against the Owls on Saturday and will run until the match against Brighton on January 1.
The Star’s sister paper, the Evening News in Norwich, held a poll asking Norwich City fans whether or not they’d be happy to see the Blues relegated at the end of the season.
- 1 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 2 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 3 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 4 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 5 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 6 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 7 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 8 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 9 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 10 7 reasons why Ipswich is becoming more foodie
More than 2,000 people voted, with 1,341 people, or 65 per cent, saying they would be happy to see Town relegated.
What do you think about the free pint offer? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com