Poll: Town fans offered free pint before the match
FOOTBALL fans gearing up for the next Town match this weekend are being offered a free pint before the game.
Ipswich Town Football club is launching Town Time at Saturday’s game against Sheffield Wednesday, giving the fans the chance to buy one pint and get one free.
Supporters who purchase a lager, bitter or cider in the concourse bars and Legends up to 30 minutes before kick-off will be given a voucher to purchase another pint any time before kick-off, or at full-time in the Legends bar only.
Legends will be open for one hour after the final whistle, with entry via gate 17.
Supporters can’t use their vouchers at half-time and the offer does not apply to hospitality areas.
You may also want to watch:
Town Time will kick off at the Blues’ home game against the Owls on Saturday and will run until the match against Brighton on January 1.
The Star’s sister paper, the Evening News in Norwich, held a poll asking Norwich City fans whether or not they’d be happy to see the Blues relegated at the end of the season.
- 1 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
More than 2,000 people voted, with 1,341 people, or 65 per cent, saying they would be happy to see Town relegated.
What do you think about the free pint offer? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org