Pool closed after safety alert
HADLEIGH swimming pool re-opened today after a safety alert sparked its closure.The pool was closed yesterday afternoon after chlorine levels were found to be too high.
HADLEIGH swimming pool re-opened today after a safety alert sparked its closure.
The pool was closed yesterday afternoon after chlorine levels were found to be too high.
A swimmer had phoned to say that they had suffered eye irritation after being in the pool.
But following investigations by Babergh District Council environmental health team the pool has now been allowed to reopen.
Tim Mutum, Head of Leisure Services said: "On completing its investigations into higher than expected chlorine traces in Hadleigh Pool, Babergh District Council can confirm that levels are now back to normal and has allowed Leisure Connection Ltd to re-open the facility.
"However, Babergh will continue to monitor the situation very closely and reserves the right to close the pool again on public safety grounds, should that be necessary."
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 5 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 6 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 7 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 8 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 9 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 10 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
Babergh environmental health team was called out at around 1.40pm yesterday and finding the levels of chlorine too high, told the managers of the pool, Leisure Connection Ltd, to close it. It was closed by 2.45pm.
John Rainer, Babergh's senior environmental officer said: "The most likely symptom of higher than average levels of chlorine is a short term minor irritation to the eyes.
"However if anyone who used the pool that morning is worried, we would ask them to contact us in the first instance on 01473 825764."