Pool table toddler still recovering
A toddler is still thought to be recovering today after a boxed-up pool table fell on her at home.
SHOTLEY: A toddler is still thought to be recovering today after a boxed-up pool table fell on her at home.
As revealed in The Evening Star yesterday, the three-year-old was airlifted to Ipswich Hospital with a head injury following the incident.
Dozens of people came out of their homes in Kingsway to watch the youngster being taken on board the air ambulance at around 1.15pm yesterday.
Rebecca Gough, a spokeswoman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, said: “The pool table, which was in a flat-packed box, had fallen on the girl trapping her head on the floor.
You may also want to watch:
“A land ambulance crew and PR vehicle were already on scene, but the air ambulance was also tasked because a head injury was suspected.
“The little girl was immobilised and transported by air to Ipswich Hospital. They also flew her mother so that she could stay with her daughter throughout.”
- 1 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate