Poptastic quiz for Children in Need
TEAMS for this year's Children in Need pop quiz are today being called upon to sign up for the annual musical mind-bender.This year the event will take place on Wednesday, October 14 at the Corn Exchange and will once again be hosted by quizmaster Stephen Foster from Radio Suffolk.
TEAMS for this year's Children in Need pop quiz are today being called upon to sign up for the annual musical mind-bender.
This year the event will take place on Wednesday, October 14 at the Corn Exchange and will once again be hosted by quizmaster Stephen Foster from Radio Suffolk.
With teams pitting their wits against each other as they battle through around eight rounds of musical specialities the evening promises to be as popular as ever.
Quizmaster Foz said: “It's time for me to dust down my pop music reference books and dig out some of the hits that mattered and others that didn't.
“The Children In Need Pop Quiz is one of the highlights of my year and I'm looking forward to taking to the Ipswich Corn Exchange stage to host what, I hope, will be the biggest ever gathering of its kind in Suffolk.
“There'll be something for everyone as I look back on the past 50 years of pop music. No team has yet to end the night on maximum points at any of my pop quizzes over the years and I intend to keep that record intact.
- 1 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 2 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 3 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 4 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 6 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 7 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
- 8 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 10 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
“One or two have come mighty close, but I haven't yet had to hand out any cigars. It's a great night out with plenty of classic hits and a few novelty ones which are sure to bring a smile to contestants' faces followed by the throwing of rotten vegetables in my direction.”
Some of the rounds from last year's event included Art Garfunkel, March of the Mods and the 1990s.
Teams can play their joker in a chosen round, doubling their points score for that particular round.
Teams of between four and six people can enter, with a fee of �6 per person. Fill out the form in today's Evening Star to enter your team.