Post office to reopen
A POST office that has been repeatedly raided by armed robbers is today preparing to re-open.Little Stonham Post Office was struck three times in just over three weeks last November, including two raids in one day.
A POST office that has been repeatedly raided by armed robbers is today preparing to re-open.
Little Stonham Post Office was struck three times in just over three weeks last November, including two raids in one day.
It left Linda and Colin Buttle vowing to close their business and never reopen. The post office finally closed the following month.
Subsequent attempts to reopen it had failed, until now. The business will now be back in operation at the same location from December 15.
You may also want to watch:
Lydia King, Post Office rural transfer adviser, said: "We would like to apologise to our loyal customers in Little Stonham for this lengthy break in service.
"We've been working hard behind the scenes to explore all possibilities for restoring convenient local access to Post Office products and services during the last year.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 3 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 4 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 8 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 9 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 10 Not long to wait for new café at Needham Lake
"I'm sure our customers will share our delight, now that all our hard work has paid off, with the restoration of a permanent Post Office presence in the village."