Poster power gets message home
A GROWING band of pubs and bars across Suffolk have joined forces with The Evening Star in our campaign against drink driving.Dozens of posters warning against drinking and driving have already found their way into pubs and bars throughout the county - and the number is rapidly growing.
A GROWING band of pubs and bars across Suffolk have joined forces with The Evening Star in our campaign against drink driving.
Dozens of posters warning against drinking and driving have already found their way into pubs and bars throughout the county - and the number is rapidly growing.
Landlords Eddie Lucas and Michael Collins, of the Horse and Groom and McGinty's respectively have been along those spearheading the display of posters.
So far this month, The Evening Star has named and shamed 12 drink drivers as part of our annual campaign, which started on December 1 and continues until January 6.
You may also want to watch:
Austen Dack, Evening Star brand manager, said: "Obviously Suffolk's pubs and bars want everybody to have a good time but they have been very keen to put up the posters to warn against drink driving.
"The feedback we've had so far has been very positive and we are giving out new posters all of the time."
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 3 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 4 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 7 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 10 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
The campaign has already been given backing from the future chief constable of Suffolk, Alastair McWhirter.
Speaking after the launch of the campaign posters, he said: "My feeling is that anything which will possibly stop somebody drinking and driving might save a life and that has got to be a benefit."
If you would like Evening Star drink driving campaign posters for your pub, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 01473 324846.