Potato farm casualty airlifted to A&E
A WOMAN was airlifted to hospital today, after catching her hand in a potato cropper on a farm near Woodbridge.The incident happened at 8.10am as the 42-year-old woman sorted potatoes on the farm at Wantisden.
By Nick Richards
A WOMAN was airlifted to hospital today, after catching her hand in a potato cropper on a farm near Woodbridge.
The incident happened at 8.10am as the 42-year-old woman sorted potatoes on the farm at Wantisden.
Mike Fealden of Wantisden Hall Farms where the accident happened, said the casual labourer from Rendlesham was not seriously injured.
He said: "She suffered an abrasion to the back of her hand and is currently in hospital, she isn't badly hurt and the only reason an air ambulance was called was because it was the most suitable vehicle available."
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said the woman was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital as a precautionary matter in case she needed to undergo plastic surgery on her hand.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 10 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk
He said she suffered damage to two fingers and was cut on the back of her hand. She was transferred to Norwich because it was quicker to fly her to a specialist unit first, rather than take her to Ipswich accident and emergency and then transfer her.
The Health and Safety Executive said they would need to be informed within three days if the accident was deemed serious enough to require hospital treatment.