Potato farm casualty airlifted to A&E
A WOMAN was airlifted to hospital today, after catching her hand in a potato cropper on a farm near Woodbridge.The incident happened at 8.10am as the 42-year-old woman sorted potatoes on the farm at Wantisden.
By Nick Richards
A WOMAN was airlifted to hospital today, after catching her hand in a potato cropper on a farm near Woodbridge.
The incident happened at 8.10am as the 42-year-old woman sorted potatoes on the farm at Wantisden.
Mike Fealden of Wantisden Hall Farms where the accident happened, said the casual labourer from Rendlesham was not seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "She suffered an abrasion to the back of her hand and is currently in hospital, she isn't badly hurt and the only reason an air ambulance was called was because it was the most suitable vehicle available."
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said the woman was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital as a precautionary matter in case she needed to undergo plastic surgery on her hand.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 4 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 5 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 6 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 7 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 8 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 9 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 10 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
He said she suffered damage to two fingers and was cut on the back of her hand. She was transferred to Norwich because it was quicker to fly her to a specialist unit first, rather than take her to Ipswich accident and emergency and then transfer her.
The Health and Safety Executive said they would need to be informed within three days if the accident was deemed serious enough to require hospital treatment.