Potato farm casualty airlifted to A&E
A WOMAN was airlifted to hospital today, after catching her hand in a potato cropper on a farm near Woodbridge.The incident happened at 8.10am as the 42-year-old woman sorted potatoes on the farm at Wantisden.
By Nick Richards
A WOMAN was airlifted to hospital today, after catching her hand in a potato cropper on a farm near Woodbridge.
The incident happened at 8.10am as the 42-year-old woman sorted potatoes on the farm at Wantisden.
Mike Fealden of Wantisden Hall Farms where the accident happened, said the casual labourer from Rendlesham was not seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "She suffered an abrasion to the back of her hand and is currently in hospital, she isn't badly hurt and the only reason an air ambulance was called was because it was the most suitable vehicle available."
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said the woman was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital as a precautionary matter in case she needed to undergo plastic surgery on her hand.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 8 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
He said she suffered damage to two fingers and was cut on the back of her hand. She was transferred to Norwich because it was quicker to fly her to a specialist unit first, rather than take her to Ipswich accident and emergency and then transfer her.
The Health and Safety Executive said they would need to be informed within three days if the accident was deemed serious enough to require hospital treatment.