Power cut due to tree branches bringing down overhead cables in Flowton
More than 250 homes lost power this evening due to emergency repair work by UK Power Networks.
The problem affected properties in Bramford, Great Blakenham and the surrounding areas.
UK Power Networks turned off electricity supply to 259 properties after overhead cables were brought down by tree branches in Flowton just before 7.30pm.
Engineers arrived at the scene at around 8.30pm and restored power to most properties.
The remaining 21 properties were restored at 10.23pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 7 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
- 10 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar