Power cut in western Ipswich affects 237 homes
More than 230 homes in western Ipswich are without power to allow engineers to work on a damaged cable.
The power cut is affecting 237 homes in the Pinewood area as well as Belstead, Washbrook, Copdock and Sproughton, according to UK Power Networks.
At 12.47pm, the company said the power should return by 1.30pm and apologised for any inconvenience caused.
A statement on UK Power Networks' website read: "We're very sorry we've had to switch off your electricity.
"Our engineers have turned off the power in the Forester Close area for safety so they can repairing a damaged cable caused by another company working in the area.
"Our estimated time to have your power back on is between now and 1.30pm."
News of the power cut comes after Chantry Academy was forced to close today due to a water supply issue.
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 10 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?