Power cut leaves thousands without electricity in Ipswich
Nearly 2,000 people have been affected by a power cut in Ipswich.
A fault with an underground electricity cable caused 1,937 homes, shops and businesses in the area to lose power at around 1.30pm.
Engineers from UK Power Networks have now managed to restore power to most of the affected properties.
Homes and businesses in the IP4 3, IP1 3,IP4 1, IP4 2, IP11 0, IP1 1 and IP1 4 postcode areas reported faults at around 1.36pm.
A UK Power Networks spokeswoman said: “Our engineers worked as quickly as possible to restore electricity to 1,937 customers in the Christchurch Street area of Ipswich after a fault on an underground cable.
“Most customers had power again in ten minutes and all supplies were restored by 2.17pm. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this caused.”
- 1 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 5 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 6 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
- 10 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K