Power cuts hit Ipswich
POWER cuts plunged parts of Ipswich Waterfront into darkness today. Residents were without electricity for nearly two hours as power failed after damaged was sustained to an underground cable.
POWER cuts plunged parts of Ipswich Waterfront into darkness today.
Residents were without electricity for nearly two hours as power failed after damaged was sustained to an underground cable.
Orwell Quay resident and Evening Star reporter Lisa Woollard said she was concerned her frozen foods were in danger of defrosting.
She said: “I had just got in from work. It happened about 4pm. The heating and lights were both off.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for EDF Energy said: “The power supply was restored to the majority of customers at 5.55pm. We would like to apologise to any customers that have been inconvenienced.
“We have still got Hope Court without supply and engineers are working to restore power there.”
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
It is not known how many homes were affected.