Power cuts hit Ipswich
POWER cuts plunged parts of Ipswich Waterfront into darkness today. Residents were without electricity for nearly two hours as power failed after damaged was sustained to an underground cable.
POWER cuts plunged parts of Ipswich Waterfront into darkness today.
Residents were without electricity for nearly two hours as power failed after damaged was sustained to an underground cable.
Orwell Quay resident and Evening Star reporter Lisa Woollard said she was concerned her frozen foods were in danger of defrosting.
She said: “I had just got in from work. It happened about 4pm. The heating and lights were both off.”
A spokeswoman for EDF Energy said: “The power supply was restored to the majority of customers at 5.55pm. We would like to apologise to any customers that have been inconvenienced.
“We have still got Hope Court without supply and engineers are working to restore power there.”
- 1 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 2 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 3 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 4 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 5 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 6 Strong interest expected as 'prime' town centre shop unit hits market with price tag of more than £1m
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 9 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 10 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
It is not known how many homes were affected.