Van drivers urged to be vigilant after a spate of power tools stolen
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police are appealing for witnesses after a number of power tools were stolen from vans in Felixstowe, Trimley St Mary and Martlesham.
The warning comes after a number of vans were broken into in Felixstowe and Trimley St Martin between 4pm on Tuesday, November 27 and 8am on Wednesday, November 28.
Power tools were then stolen some time between 12.30am and 7.30am on Thursday, November 29 in Martlesham.
Police have released the following details about the incidents and urge anyone with information to come forward:
• Fairfield Avenue, Felixstowe – a window of a Ford Transit van was smashed. Nothing was stolen.
• Langer Road, Felixstowe – a Mercedes Sprinter van was broken into and various power tools taken, although some were subsequently found nearby.
• Fen Meadow, Trimley St Mary – a Mercedes Sprinter van was broken into and several power tools stolen.
- 1 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 2 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 5 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 6 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 7 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 8 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 9 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 10 'Amazing start' for baker who sells treats out of horsebox
• Cliff Road, Felixstowe – a Vauxhall Combo van had its back door handle forced and a number of power tools were stolen.
• Western Avenue, Felixstowe – offenders forced the lock on the rear door of Mercedes Sprinter van and stole a number of tools.
• Landguard Road, Felixstowe – offenders forced entry into a Peugeot Partner van by breaking a door lock and a number of tools were stolen.
• Glenfield Avenue, Felixstowe – a Ford Transit van was broken into and stole a number of tools.
• Angela Close, Martlesham – an offender forced entry by damaging a door lock of a Vauxhall Combo van. Numerous tools were stolen including various Makita tools, an impact driver, compact drill, multi tool, circular saw, six amps and a charger.
Anyone with information or who is offered any tools in suspicious circumstances for sale, is asked to contact police on 101 quoting the crime reference number 37/68822/18 or CAD 53 of Thursday, November 29 (Martlesham) or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Police are also urging motorists to make sure their vans are locked and all valuables are removed, no matter whether the vehicle is parked on or off-road.
For further crime prevention advice regarding vehicle security, visit Suffolk Police’s website.