Powergen set to stay put
POWERGEN today revealed it intends to remain at its existing Wherstead Park offices.The company has made the announcement to end speculation about its future accommodation plans after committing to retain 250 staff in Ipswich.
POWERGEN today revealed it intends to remain at its existing Wherstead Park offices.
The company has made the announcement to end speculation about its future accommodation plans after committing to retain 250 staff in Ipswich.
Nick Horler, managing director of Powergen retail, said: "We've taken a long look at our options and believe that this decision is the best one available to us.
"Wherstead Park offers Powergen excellent accommodation as we look to establish our presence in Ipswich into the future."
You may also want to watch:
Powergen bought the freehold of the Wherstead Park building as part of the £1.37bn acquisition of TXU's retail customers and other assets in October last year.
No timetable has yet been determined for Powergen's Ipswich employees to be centralised at Wherstead Park.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 6 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 10 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations