Powergen set to stay put
POWERGEN today revealed it intends to remain at its existing Wherstead Park offices.The company has made the announcement to end speculation about its future accommodation plans after committing to retain 250 staff in Ipswich.
POWERGEN today revealed it intends to remain at its existing Wherstead Park offices.
The company has made the announcement to end speculation about its future accommodation plans after committing to retain 250 staff in Ipswich.
Nick Horler, managing director of Powergen retail, said: "We've taken a long look at our options and believe that this decision is the best one available to us.
"Wherstead Park offers Powergen excellent accommodation as we look to establish our presence in Ipswich into the future."
You may also want to watch:
Powergen bought the freehold of the Wherstead Park building as part of the £1.37bn acquisition of TXU's retail customers and other assets in October last year.
No timetable has yet been determined for Powergen's Ipswich employees to be centralised at Wherstead Park.
- 1 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 2 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 3 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 4 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 5 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 6 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 7 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 8 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Extra police patrols to be carried out in Ipswich following stabbing