Powergen set to stay put
POWERGEN today revealed it intends to remain at its existing Wherstead Park offices.The company has made the announcement to end speculation about its future accommodation plans after committing to retain 250 staff in Ipswich.
POWERGEN today revealed it intends to remain at its existing Wherstead Park offices.
The company has made the announcement to end speculation about its future accommodation plans after committing to retain 250 staff in Ipswich.
Nick Horler, managing director of Powergen retail, said: "We've taken a long look at our options and believe that this decision is the best one available to us.
"Wherstead Park offers Powergen excellent accommodation as we look to establish our presence in Ipswich into the future."
Powergen bought the freehold of the Wherstead Park building as part of the £1.37bn acquisition of TXU's retail customers and other assets in October last year.
No timetable has yet been determined for Powergen's Ipswich employees to be centralised at Wherstead Park.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich