Pre-school receives cash award
COPDOCK and Washbrook Pre-school has reaped benefit from a £2,000 grant from Suffolk County Council's locality fund. The money, which has been used to improve accessibility to the pre-school, had been given to county councillor Kathy Pollard, who represents Belstead Brook Ward.
COPDOCK and Washbrook Pre-school has reaped benefit from a £2,000 grant from Suffolk County Council's locality fund.
The money, which has been used to improve accessibility to the pre-school, had been given to county councillor Kathy Pollard, who represents Belstead Brook Ward.
Locality budgets are available to all county councillors to award to projects in their own immediate area to help small local groups and fund community projects.
Following the grant, Copdock and Washbrook Pre-school is now equipped with a ramped access to the building and has its own gates and access to the school, where previously it had shared that at the primary school.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Pollard, said: "Locality budgets are ideal for these kinds of small scale schemes and can really benefit an area and the people who live there. I know that this grant will make a tremendous difference to Copdock and Washbrook preschool and they are already reaping the benefits.
"It's satisfying to know that the locality scheme is being taken up so enthusiastically by local people for schemes that help the wider community."
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 3 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 4 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 7 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 8 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 9 'Paper' loss does not affect Ipswich council's income from property - Ellesmere
- 10 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?