Pregnant Stowmarket mum spared prison after assaulting man in town’s Pickerel pub
- Credit: Archant
A woman who attacked a man with a glass at a Stowmarket pub has walked free from court after a judge decided not to send her to prison.
Tia Billman, 28, was given a 12-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, after Ipswich Crown Court heard she is eight months pregnant and has no-one else to look after her children.
Billman, of Gainsborough Road, Stowmarket, denied assaulting Nathan Flack causing him actual bodily harm on October 7 and assaulting Sophie Parkington by beating.
She was convicted of assaulting Mr Flack after a trial but cleared of the assault on Miss Parkington.
Billman was given a 10-day rehabilitation requirement, a four month curfew and an exclusion order from licensed premises.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard Mr Flack and Miss Parkington had been at the Pickerel pub when Billman picked up a glass which smashed on Mr Flack’s head causing a cut ear.
- 1 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 2 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 3 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 4 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 5 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 10 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park