Pregnant Stowmarket mum spared prison after assaulting man in town’s Pickerel pub
- Credit: Archant
A woman who attacked a man with a glass at a Stowmarket pub has walked free from court after a judge decided not to send her to prison.
Tia Billman, 28, was given a 12-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, after Ipswich Crown Court heard she is eight months pregnant and has no-one else to look after her children.
Billman, of Gainsborough Road, Stowmarket, denied assaulting Nathan Flack causing him actual bodily harm on October 7 and assaulting Sophie Parkington by beating.
She was convicted of assaulting Mr Flack after a trial but cleared of the assault on Miss Parkington.
Billman was given a 10-day rehabilitation requirement, a four month curfew and an exclusion order from licensed premises.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard Mr Flack and Miss Parkington had been at the Pickerel pub when Billman picked up a glass which smashed on Mr Flack’s head causing a cut ear.
- 1 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 2 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 5 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 6 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 7 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 8 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 9 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
- 10 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation