Premiership striker Peter Crouch’s banter with Ipswich Town fan has Twitter-users ‘in stitches’
- Credit: Archant
Premiership football star Peter Crouch has had an amusing exchange with an ITFC fan on Twitter – after being mocked for his looks and goal scoring prowess.
Ipswich Town fan Matthew Hazelton tweeted the Stoke striker: “I was working in Burger King when @petercrouch asked me for 2 whoppers.
“I said “okay, you’re handsome & you’ll score 20 goals this season.”
But the 6ft 7ins forward, who has more than 280,000 followers on the social network, didn’t let the joke rest, tweeting back: “Yes Matthew. Your biog says you like dr who , lord of the rings and country walks . Next time I’m in the switch lets hook up.”
Crouch has made a name for himself on Twitter in recent years for his sharp-witted banter.
His recent Tweet has already been shared more than 800 times and liked by more than 3,800 people.
Tweeters have also had their say on the exchange.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
Replying to the tweet, @BumperGraham said: “You can’t troll the nicest guy in football, with the most beautiful wife and family, it just can’t be done, @petercrouch you are a class act
@webdevjsj said: “Both tweets had me in stitches fair play. Good banter”
@bailldogg added: “Sure it wasn’t KFC cos that’s a Zinger”