Press Ball - Boutique pledges support
VICTORIA Beckham, Fever, Lipsy and St Martins. For the fashionistas among this year's Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball guest list, these are just a few of the coveted designer labels one lucky raffle winner will have the pick of.
VICTORIA Beckham, Fever, Lipsy and St Martins.
For the fashionistas among this year's Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball guest list, these are just a few of the coveted designer labels one lucky raffle winner will have the pick of.
Thanks to the generosity of St Nicolas Street-based Hardwear Boutique, one fortunate guest will take away a £100 voucher from the glittering evening.
Boutique owners Maureen Macmillan and Jill Burley have decided to donate the voucher to help raise money during the evening for the Press Ball's chosen charity Disability Care Enterprise(DCE) - an organisation that provides specialist equipment for disabled people.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Macmillan said: “We are delighted to be able to support this year's press Ball. I went to the Press Ball last year and it was a fantastic event.
“We are a small boutique selling very different clothes from the high street. The voucher can be used to purchase clothing, bags, jewellery, shoes and other accessories.”
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 5 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
Since its inception more than a decade ago the Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball has raised more than a quarter of a million pounds for chosen charity Disability Care Enterprise (DCE).
A dazzling night held at the Hotel Elizabeth, Copdock, on June 22, the Press Ball attracts the cream of Suffolk society.
And as preparations get under way for this year's Ice Ball theme, the 2007 event is expected to be the biggest and best yet.
Organisers have secured the services of heart-throb pop star Tony Hadley in a massive coup for what has become the highlight of the county's social calendar.
DCE project director Carolyne Morey said: “The Press Ball is the biggest fundraising event for DCE of the year. This is a fantastic raffle prize and a very generous contribution to the evening.”
Graeme Kalbraier, managing director of Press Ball sponsors Call Connection, said: “I'd like to thanks Marureen and Jill for their support. This is a great raffle prize.”
Have you befitted from the work of DCE? What do you think? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org