Press Ball celebrations in top gear
PREPARATIONS are afoot for this year's Evening Star Press Ball and the event promises to be a magical affair.The night will have a Starry Potter theme and it is sure to spell success for Suffolk charity, Disability Care Enterprise, which buys equipment to enhance the lives of disabled youngsters and adults around the county.
PREPARATIONS are afoot for this year's Evening Star Press Ball and the event promises to be a magical affair.
The night will have a Starry Potter theme and it is sure to spell success for Suffolk charity, Disability Care Enterprise, which buys equipment to enhance the lives of disabled youngsters and adults around the county.
The event, sponsored by British Gas and the AV Unit, is in its seventh year and organisers hope that it will raise even more money than last year.
The magic and fun will take place at the County Hotel, Copdock, on June 25 and event organiser, Gary Install, is gearing up for a great night.
"We start preparations in earnest after Christmas and it gets busier as the night gets closer. There's something that changes every day," he said.
"Every year, the first important decision is how it's going to be themed with this year's being Starry Potter of course."
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
He added: "It is my fourth press ball and my first three have been very successful. The target gets harder every year as we always do better than the previous event, but we're all very excited."
In recent years more than £20,000 has been raised on the Press Ball night and, in total, the event has raised in excess of £160,000 for DCE.
30 staff will be on hand to wait on the guests while all of the management team will also be present to oversee operations.
The evening's food has been specially planned to fit the Starry Potter theme, but Mr Install is keeping tight-lipped on the culinary details: "The menu on the night will also be themed, but I don't want to give too much away before the event!"
Tickets for the evening, which includes a raffle, meal, music and dancing, cost £70 and are fast selling out. If you would like to buy one, please call Ben Collins on 01473 324844.
Donations for the Press Ball fund should be made to Disability Care Enterprise and sent c/o Geraldine Thompson, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.