Press ball will be the most glamorous and exciting yet
SUFFOLK: Excitement is in the air as the region prepares for one of the most glittering nights of the year.
A night of glamour and sophistication is on the cards for this year’s ES 125 Ball, which has been named in honour of The Evening Star’s 125th birthday.
The ball, which is set to take place on Friday, June 25, will take place in the sophisticated surroundings of Hintlesham Hall.
This year’s event is set to be the most spectacular yet and is set to raise thousands of pounds for two special charities, the Cystic Fibrosis Trust and St Elizabeth Hospice.
During the evening there will be an exquisite banquet in a draped marquee, as well as entertainment from a host of Suffolk musicians and a band whose identity is currently being kept a closely guarded secret.
You may also want to watch:
The dazzling night, which in previous years has been called the Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball, is set to include an auction with a selection of fabulous prizes.
The ball, which is being sponsored by Tiger.co.uk, has been one of the most exciting events in Suffolk since it was first established 14 years ago.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 Four men released following death of man at Felixstowe lorry park
Each year the event helps to raise vital funds for extremely worthy causes and charities –with the help of our sponsors and readers.
The ES 125 Ball will also help mark the Star’s important birthday, having turned 125 earlier this year.
Star editor Nigel Pickover, said: “The Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball – named the ES 125 Ball this year because of our special birthday, is one of the great nights out on the Suffolk social calendar.
“Not only will we enjoy a night of fun and entertainment but we’ll also raise a significant sum for two excellent causes.”
After the event’s launch in February, Dee Ludlow, managing director of Hintlesham Hall, said: “It’s a great honour and privilege to be able to hold it and I’m delighted to have been chosen as the venue.”
To book a table for the event contact Michelle Dorrell at the Star on 01473 324867 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, contact Hintlesham Hall directly on 01473 652334.
n Are you going to the Press Ball, or have you benefited from the fundraising in the past? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com