Professor Stephen Hawking WILL be coming to Headway Suffolk’s Martlesham conference after earlier health fears
- Credit: AP
Headway Suffolk have confirmed Professor Stephen Hawking is on his way to their annual conference in Martlesham - just hours after the charity announced he was unable to attend due to ill health.
Earlier the charity said the theoretical physicist was not fit enough to travel - and he was to speak via video link instead.
But now organisers have confirmed he is on his way to the conference - and is just 20 minutes away from Adastral Park, where the conference is being held.
Professor Hawking has a rare early-onset, slow-progressing form of motor neurone disease.
It has gradually paralysed him over the decades, and he now communicates using a single cheek muscle attached to a speech-generating device.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow...
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 8 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 9 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 10 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash