Pub and grass fires keep crews busy
FIRE crews have tackled several blazes in Ipswich this evening.The first broke out at 5.30pm at the Margaret Catchpole pub in Cliff Lane.Two fire crews from Princes Street were called to reports of a chip pan fire in the kitchen.
FIRE crews have tackled several blazes in Ipswich this evening.
The first broke out at 5.30pm at the Margaret Catchpole pub in Cliff Lane.
Two fire crews from Princes Street were called to reports of a chip pan fire in the kitchen.
They used dry powder extinguishers to put out the blaze which was under control by 6.20pm.
Grass fires later broke out in West End Road, Princes Street and at Cobham Road recreational ground.
The West End Road blaze started about 5.50pm and was under control by 6pm.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
An embankment in Prince Street then caught light at 6.05pm, with crews tackling the blaze until 6.11pm.
The Cobham Road fire started at 6.35pm and was out within ten minutes.