Pub raises marathon cash
THE Rose and Crown pub helped put a spring in the step of two Ipswich men hoping to run the London Marathon.From space hopper races to pub quizzes friends and customers of the pub on London Road, Ipswich got together for a funday yesterday which went on well in to the evening.
By Victoria Knowles
THE Rose and Crown pub helped put a spring in the step of two Ipswich men hoping to run the London Marathon.
From space hopper races to pub quizzes friends and customers of the pub on London Road, Ipswich got together for a funday yesterday which went on well in to the evening.
Trevor Askew and Steven Crissall, who work for the Orwell Housing Trust are raising money for the Ormeston Charity.
You may also want to watch:
They are running the London Marathon on April 14 and the day helped them get a head start with their fund raising.
Julie Kynaston is landlady of the pub. She said: "We decided that it would be a good idea to use the pub and get as many people as we could involved so that as much money as possible could be collected.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 3 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 4 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 5 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 6 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
"We had a raffle with lots of prizes and two singers who gave their time to come and perform for us. We also had people on space hoppers and prizes for the person who stayed on the longest.
"It did get quite busy and even the money from the food we sold yesterday all went to charity. All the money from the pool table from the day is also going to charity and I think we will have done really well.
"There are lots of little things going on but it should add up to quite a lot of money."