Pupils escape injury in bus crash
PASSENGERS had a lucky escape this morning when their crowded rush-hour bus was in collision with a car.Almost 50 passengers, including schoolchildren, were travelling on the 119 service from Debenham to Ipswich when the accident happened.
PASSENGERS had a lucky escape this morning when their crowded rush-hour bus was in collision with a car.
Almost 50 passengers, including schoolchildren, were travelling on the 119 service from Debenham to Ipswich when the accident happened at around 8.10am.
The bus was in collision with a silver Fiesta on the B1077 between Westerfield and Witnesham, near Fynn Valley Golf Club.
The female car driver was taken to Ipswich Hospital but was not thought to be seriously injured.
The bus was almost full, with several passengers standing. It was pushed into the hedge by the force of the impact.
The road remained closed this morning while police carried out an investigation into the cause of the crash.
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
FULL STORY AND PICTURES IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR