Pupils escape injury in bus crash
PASSENGERS had a lucky escape this morning when their crowded rush-hour bus was in collision with a car.Almost 50 passengers, including schoolchildren, were travelling on the 119 service from Debenham to Ipswich when the accident happened.
PASSENGERS had a lucky escape this morning when their crowded rush-hour bus was in collision with a car.
Almost 50 passengers, including schoolchildren, were travelling on the 119 service from Debenham to Ipswich when the accident happened at around 8.10am.
The bus was in collision with a silver Fiesta on the B1077 between Westerfield and Witnesham, near Fynn Valley Golf Club.
The female car driver was taken to Ipswich Hospital but was not thought to be seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
The bus was almost full, with several passengers standing. It was pushed into the hedge by the force of the impact.
The road remained closed this morning while police carried out an investigation into the cause of the crash.
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 4 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 10 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
FULL STORY AND PICTURES IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR