Pupils in tribute to teacher
PUPILS raised more than £200 by organising a coin spiral in memory of a much-loved science technician at an Ipswich school.Youngsters at Thurleston High School in Defoe Road, have now donated the money to Cancer Research UK as a tribute to June Boardman who died just before Christmas.
PUPILS raised more than £200 by organising a coin spiral in memory of a much-loved science technician at an Ipswich school.
Youngsters at Thurleston High School in Defoe Road, have now donated the money to Cancer Research UK as a tribute to June Boardman who died just before Christmas.
To honour her memory the school held a special assembly dedicated to the 51-year-old who died of cancer and a cheque for £275 was presented to the charity.
Colleague Elaine Phillips said Mrs Boardman, who had two children and lived in Stutton, was a bubbly and bright person.
Mrs Phillips said: “She had worked for British Aerospace so she really knew her science.
“She got on very well with the children and had a very strong personality.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 6 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 7 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 8 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 9 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 10 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
“We really, really miss her.”
She added that it was a testament to Mrs Boardman's popularity that pupils had managed to the money in just one lunchtime.
Would you like to pay a tribute to June Boardman? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.