Pupils mourn teacher
A SUFFOLK school is in mourning today after the sudden death of one of its teachers.Pupils and colleagues at Debenham High School were left stunned when they discovered English teacher Charlotte Hall, had died.
A SUFFOLK school is in mourning today after the sudden death of one of its teachers.
Pupils and colleagues at Debenham High School were left stunned when they discovered English teacher Charlotte Hall, had died.
Mrs Hall, 53, who lived in The Street, Thorndon, near Eye. She died at home on Tuesday. She is believed to have been suffering from cancer.
An ambulance was called to the house shortly after 7am but she was already dead when they arrived.
Mike Crawshaw, Headteacher of Debenham High School said: "It was with great sadness that we heard on Tuesday that one of our teachers, Charlotte Hall, had died unexpectedly, at home, that morning.
“Mrs Hall joined the school over ten years ago as head of English.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
“She was an excellent teacher and manager and results in English under her leadership were consistently amongst the best in the county.”
Ill health caused her to relinquish some of her responsibilities some four years ago but, Mr Crawshaw said she remained a “committed and valued colleague”.
He added: “Mrs Hall enjoyed teaching English and was particularly passionate about American Literature. Her favourite authors were F Scott Fitzgerald and Jane Austen.
“She taught with enthusiasm and passion, setting herself exacting, high standards to achieve the very best from her pupils.
“Charlotte will be greatly missed by us all and we send our deepest sympathy to her husband and family.”
Pupils at the school are being offered the opportunity to decide what kind of memorial or tribute they would like to arrange in Mrs Hall's memory.