Pupils spread the green message
PUPILS from Castle Hill Infants' School in Ipswich have launched a recycling challenge by making a huge card.Bearing the motto Together we make the difference' – the schools' effort by Year 1 pupils kicked off this year's Schools' Christmas Card Recycling Challenge.
PUPILS from Castle Hill Infants' School in Ipswich have launched a recycling challenge by making a huge card.
Bearing the motto Together we make the difference' – the schools' effort by Year 1 pupils kicked off this year's Schools' Christmas Card Recycling Challenge.
Sponsored by P&O Closed Loop Logistics and organised by Ipswich council, the challenge invites all schools in the town to collect Christmas cards for recycling.
A top prize of £250 will be awarded to the school that collects the most cards per head, with two runners-up each receiving prizes of £150.
You may also want to watch:
While the challenge is fun and the prizes most welcome the aim of the competition is education.
Recycling, eco-systems and materials are studied as part of the National Curriculum and the challenge hopes to show how these subjects are linked, and how together, all doing our own little bit, we can make a big difference to our planet.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 7 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 8 New Oasis Lounge bar planned for former Waterfront gym site
- 9 WATCH: Family of wild foxes caught on camera in Ipswich garden
- 10 Ipswich primary school goes green for classmate with hearing loss
Tim Peet of P&O Closed Loop Logistics said, "This is the second year that we
have sponsored the challenge. Last year 28 schools participated and collected between them 368,160 cards, this year with 40 schools and a total of £550 in prizes, we are hoping to exceed this total!"
The challenge starts on the 6th of January and lasts for three weeks.
For more details on recycling please ring 01473 433070.