Pupils spread the green message
PUPILS from Castle Hill Infants' School in Ipswich have launched a recycling challenge by making a huge card.Bearing the motto Together we make the difference' – the schools' effort by Year 1 pupils kicked off this year's Schools' Christmas Card Recycling Challenge.
PUPILS from Castle Hill Infants' School in Ipswich have launched a recycling challenge by making a huge card.
Bearing the motto Together we make the difference' – the schools' effort by Year 1 pupils kicked off this year's Schools' Christmas Card Recycling Challenge.
Sponsored by P&O Closed Loop Logistics and organised by Ipswich council, the challenge invites all schools in the town to collect Christmas cards for recycling.
A top prize of £250 will be awarded to the school that collects the most cards per head, with two runners-up each receiving prizes of £150.
While the challenge is fun and the prizes most welcome the aim of the competition is education.
Recycling, eco-systems and materials are studied as part of the National Curriculum and the challenge hopes to show how these subjects are linked, and how together, all doing our own little bit, we can make a big difference to our planet.
- 1 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 2 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 3 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 6 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 7 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
Tim Peet of P&O Closed Loop Logistics said, "This is the second year that we
have sponsored the challenge. Last year 28 schools participated and collected between them 368,160 cards, this year with 40 schools and a total of £550 in prizes, we are hoping to exceed this total!"
The challenge starts on the 6th of January and lasts for three weeks.
For more details on recycling please ring 01473 433070.