New chairwoman elected at Suffolk Coastal District Council
- Credit: Suffolk Coastal District Council
Nicky Yeo has been elected as the new chairwoman of Suffolk Coastal District Council.
Ms Yeo, who represents the Nacton and Purdis Farm ward, will hold the role until the new East Suffolk Council is formed and a subsequent chairman elected in 2019.
She takes over the role from Chris Blundell. Colin Hedgeley, who represents Woodbridge, is the new vice-chairman.
MS Yeo, who lives near Levington, has been a member of the council since 2015.
“I’m really looking forward to my year in office, particularly as I am fulfilling the role at such a historic time for east Suffolk,” she said.
“As the last chairman for Suffolk Coastal, I want to make sure I really make a mark, so our chain of office can be retired on a high note.
“I am particularly interested in working to bring young people and the elderly together across the district, so will be looking to carry out charitable work which supports young and old working together.
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 3 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 4 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 5 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 6 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 7 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 8 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 9 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 10 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
“I am challenging my colleagues to use their Enabling Communities budgets to engage with people of various ages within the community, with the older generation giving their life’s experience and the younger generation imparting their knowledge of computers and social media.”