Queen artist to open jubilee festival
Chinwe Chukwuogo-Roy, the Nigerian-born Suffolk artist who painted a recent portrait of the Queen,will be opening the Easton Jubilee Festival Art Exhibition in June.
Chinwe Chukwuogo-Roy, the Nigerian-born Suffolk artist who painted a recent portrait of the Queen,
will be opening the Easton Jubilee Festival Art Exhibition in June.
Ms Chukwuogo-Roy, of Glevering Mill, near Wickham Market, was chosen last year to paint a portrait of the Queen to be hung in the Commonwealth Secretariat at Marlborough House.
She will be at a special invitation preview on Friday, June 14, at Easton Farm Park, near Wickham Market.
The figurative artist trained in London, and besides depicting African images is an accomplished portrait painter. Her portrait of the Queen can be seen at Christchurch Mansions, Ipswich, until May 23.
It is the first time that an art exhibition has been held at Easton Farm Park and the work of many East Anglian artists will be on show and for sale. It takes place on Saturday, June 15, and Sunday, June 16, from 10.30am to 6pm.
- 1 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 2 Fire breaks out in café near Ipswich town centre
- 3 Child taken to hospital after collision with car in Ipswich
- 4 Car carrying three passengers not wearing seatbelts stopped on A12
- 5 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 6 Tom Hunt condemns Islamophobia after Ipswich Tory's retweets
- 7 VW Golf stolen from Ipswich road after thieves take car keys from home
- 8 Window smashed at Ipswich home in spate of attempted burglaries
- 9 New doughnut and coffee chain opening in Ipswich shopping centre
- 10 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
It forms part of the village's Jubilee festival, which is raising money for the church, the village hall, sports clubs and other amenities in Easton.
Pupils from Easton primary are creating designs which will be used to adorn the cover of the official programme for the festival. All the designs will be on show at the event.
For further details of the Easton Jubilee Festival, contact 01728 746475.