Queues to get into health service
JOB hunters have been queuing up to join the NHS.Hundreds of people dropped into the Ipswich Jobcentre during their NHS week and at one point people were queuing to get in.
JOB hunters have been queuing up to join the NHS.
Hundreds of people dropped into the Ipswich Jobcentre during their NHS week and at one point people were queuing to get in.
Staff from hospitals and health centres were at the centre to give prospective workers first hand accounts of the job they do.
Information on more than 70 different NHS careers was available showing everything from nursing, radiography, therapy and portering to science, medical and secretarial posts.
You may also want to watch:
At Bury St Edmunds Jobcentre a total of 159 enquiries was received, while at Lowestoft more than 40 people asked for details. Jobcentres in the smaller Suffolk towns also received a range of enquiries.
Organised by Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire Workforce Development Confederation, based at Fulbourn, Jobcentre NHS Week was the first event of its kind in the country. On the strength of its success, more are planned.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 3 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 4 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
- 5 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 6 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 7 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 8 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 9 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 10 CCTV image released after electric scooter stolen from Ipswich