Quiz: How well do you know Ipswich? See if you can identify these 10 landmarks
- Credit: Archant
From Grade I listed buildings to resplendent parks, Ipswich enjoys a range of historic sites and attractions. But can you name the following 10 places in our quiz?
There are some sights in Ipswich that have remain unchanged for hundreds of years, but other buildings have changed completely, or even disappeared since the 1950s and 60s, as David Kindred discovered back in 2014.
He said at the time: “I have visited a few sites in the Star’s area to see how they have changed from photographs taken decades ago.
“Several of the photographs were taken by enthusiastic amateur photographer Jack Keen of Wallace Road, who enjoyed recording the changes to Ipswich mostly in the 1950s and 60s.
“Most have changed almost beyond recognition many in the span of a lifetime.”
You may also want to watch:
Let us know how you get on in this quiz.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths