Quiz night to boost heart charity fund
A FUNDRAISER hoping to raise thousands for a heart disease charity is holding a charity quiz night.As well as walking the length of Britain, Roger Betts has organised the quiz on Thursday, February 21.
A FUNDRAISER hoping to raise thousands for a heart disease charity is holding a charity quiz night.
As well as walking the length of Britain, Roger Betts has organised the quiz on Thursday, February 21.
He hopes it will encourage punters to cough up towards the £24,000 he hopes to make for the British Heart Foundation (BHF) this year.
Retired postal worker Mr Betts, 60, of Bridgewater Road, Ipswich, will set off on the 1,200-mile trek from Lands End to John O' Groats in May, carrying everything he will need on his back.
Mr Betts said: “The quiz will be a way to make a bit of extra money before I set off on the walk.
”I'm hoping a good number of people will want to come along and make a fun evening of it.”
- 1 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 2 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 3 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 4 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 5 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 8 Community calls for action as two questioned over Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 10 Transport is patients' top priority in new medical centre plans
The quiz is open to teams of six to eight people, and there is an entry fee of £5 per person if booked in advance and £6 on the night, all of which will go to the BHF.
It will be held at the Labour Club, Silent Street, Ipswich, at 7pm and anyone wanting to enter can turn up on the night or reserve a place and register their team name by emailing email@example.com.