Quiz night to boost heart charity fund
A FUNDRAISER hoping to raise thousands for a heart disease charity is holding a charity quiz night.As well as walking the length of Britain, Roger Betts has organised the quiz on Thursday, February 21.
A FUNDRAISER hoping to raise thousands for a heart disease charity is holding a charity quiz night.
As well as walking the length of Britain, Roger Betts has organised the quiz on Thursday, February 21.
He hopes it will encourage punters to cough up towards the £24,000 he hopes to make for the British Heart Foundation (BHF) this year.
Retired postal worker Mr Betts, 60, of Bridgewater Road, Ipswich, will set off on the 1,200-mile trek from Lands End to John O' Groats in May, carrying everything he will need on his back.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Betts said: “The quiz will be a way to make a bit of extra money before I set off on the walk.
”I'm hoping a good number of people will want to come along and make a fun evening of it.”
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
The quiz is open to teams of six to eight people, and there is an entry fee of £5 per person if booked in advance and £6 on the night, all of which will go to the BHF.
It will be held at the Labour Club, Silent Street, Ipswich, at 7pm and anyone wanting to enter can turn up on the night or reserve a place and register their team name by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.