Rabbit found abandoned outside RSPCA branch
- Credit: Archant
Could you give this abandoned rabbit a loving home?
Staff at the RSPCA Suffolk East and Ipswich Branch discovered an abandoned rabbit at their gates early this morning, June 19.
The Rabbit, who they have now named Richard, was left alone outside in a pet carrier. The cute fury animal was quickly taken in by staff who checked him over.
Zoe Barrett, Deputy Centre Manager, said: “Richard has since settled in our care and seems to be a very friendly, well-handled Rabbit. Richard will receive a full health check from our vet tomorrow and continue to live on site until he is ready to find his new home. We would urge people not to abandon any animal, great or small, in this way.
“The RSPCA understands that circumstances can change which can mean people may no longer be in a position to look after their pet but if something like this happens, we would urge pet owners to act responsibly and remember that the RSPCA and other charities can help.”
You may also want to watch:
The branch is currently inundated with rabbits and is appealing for more people to come forward to adopt them.
If you are interested in helping the charity but can’t adopt a rabbit yourself you can make a one off donation to help with the costs of caring for the animals. You can do this by visiting the centre directly or by going on the website here.
If anyone has any information on how Richard the rabbit came to be abandoned please contact the inspectorate appeal line on 0300 123 8018.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths