Rabble revives playground games for adults at Christchurch Park, Ipswich, to make exercise fun
- Credit: Archant
There was ducking, diving and flying through the air as adults revived playground games at Ipswich’s latest exercise group.
Rabble, an organisation set up to “transform exercise into games”, held its first session in Christchurch Park on Saturday morning.
Session leader Clara Porteous said turn out was low, but those who did take part had a “good laugh”.
“I don’t think they knew quite what they were letting themselves in for,” she added.
“They couldn’t believe just how hard they worked.”
You may also want to watch:
The hour-long session on Saturday saw adults of all abilities play games of dodgeball, tag and jailbreak.
Future sessions are planned for Tuesdays and Saturday, with hopes more will attend.
- 1 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 6 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 7 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 8 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 9 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
“If fitness seems really boring or tiresome to you, then come along - it will change your mind completely,” said Ms Porteous.
Visit here to find out more.