Radio star makes the ultimate sacrifice
MY OLD mate and radio star Mark Murphy is to become the target of more than 23,000 boo-boys and girls, I can reveal today.Radio Suffolk darling Mark, host of the station's award-winning breakfast programme, is risking the undying wrath of legions of Ipswich Town fans in a stunt to boost funds for this year's Children in Need extravaganza.
MY OLD mate and radio star Mark Murphy is to become the target of more than 23,000 boo-boys and girls, I can reveal today.
Radio Suffolk darling Mark, host of the station's award-winning breakfast programme, is risking the undying wrath of legions of Ipswich Town fans in a stunt to boost funds for this year's Children in Need extravaganza.
Mark will strut his stuff in the centre circle when Town take on Bristol City at Portman Road on Saturday, November 10 … wearing nothing more than a Norwich City kit!
Fellow breakfast show workers Rob Dunger and Emily Fellows had challenged Mark to walk around the pitch wearing the much-hated yellow and green.
But club security advisers have suggested that Mark stays in the safety zone of the centre circle … to avoid any unfortunate incidents of clothing damage.
Mark says the challenge will go ahead only if he has pledges totalling £1,000 - but with more than £350 already pledged by the Star, he's well under way!
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
The lifelong Town supporter and season ticket holder is hoping fans will forgive him - but we haven't!
Our special montage shows what Mark will look like on the day - and it's not a pretty sight.
What do you think of Mark's outrageous behaviour? Write to: Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com