Raid on cash machine in Ipswich
A PERSON has been arrested following an attempted raid on a cash machine in Ipswich.The incident happened near the McDonald's restaurant on Ranelagh Road, Ipswich at about 3.30am today.
A PERSON has been arrested following an attempted raid on a cash machine in Ipswich.
The incident happened near the McDonald's restaurant on Ranelagh Road, Ipswich at about 3.30am today.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said vehicles were recovered from the scene and one person has been arrested.
The cash machine had been removed from a wall although it was recovered nearby.
It is not yet clear if money was taken.
The spokesman said officers were contacted by a member of the public who noticed suspicious activity.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 2 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 3 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 4 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 5 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 8 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 9 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 10 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
A 35-year-old man from Essex has been arrested on suspicion of theft and assaulting a police officer.