Raider targets A14 garage
POLICE were today hunting a balaclava-clad raider who held up a garage on the A14 in Suffolk.The attack happened at 8pm yesterday at the Tot Hill garage in Haughley, on the Ipswich-bound carriageway.
POLICE were today hunting a balaclava-clad raider who held up a garage on the A14 in Suffolk.
The attack happened at 8pm yesterday at the Tot Hill garage in Haughley, on the Ipswich-bound carriageway.
The female cashier refused to hand over the money and indicated she would call the police, causing the man to leave the store empty handed.
No one else was in the store at the time of the incident and no one was injured. Police do not believe the attacker was carrying a firearm.
You may also want to watch:
Detective constable Hannah Martin said: “This must have been an extremely frightening experience for the member of staff.
“Although she was not harmed in any way, she has been left extremely shaken and is now receiving support from officers.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
“It is not yet known if the offender left the garage on foot or had a vehicle waiting for him. As such, we would like to hear from anyone who in the area at the time of the offence.”
Police are particularly keen to talk to anyone driving along the A14 between 7.45pm and 8.15pm yesterday.
The attacker is described as white, about 5ft5in and of medium build. He was wearing a dark balaclava described as looking home made from a thin crepe style material. He was also wearing a dark jacket and light blue jeans.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Stowmarket police on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.